Horn Size: 26-43 inches
Weight: 1,300-2,100 pounds
Season: Year Round
Estimated World Population: 136,000
Ox Ranch Population: 30+
The Eland antelope, also known as the Southern Eland or Common Eland, is the second largest antelope in the world! They typically weigh from 1,300-2,000 pounds and are delicious! If you want to harvest a beautiful antelope for meat, as well as for an exceptional trophy, look no further!
You may hunt our Eland bulls using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. All of our Eland hunts are fair chase on over 18,000 acres of Texas hill country!
Eland Hunting Package: $6,500
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of Your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway (contact us for charter services)
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 a day)
All-Inclusive Eland Hunting: $7,500
Our All-Inclusive Eland Hunting Packages Include all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days / 2 nights of hunting and activities
*Award Winning Chef who Prepares Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 per person a day)
*Free Night Vision Hog Hunting. We Will Drive You Around the Ranch Hunting Without the Use of Any Lights! Or You Can Hog Hunt From Our Monster Blind That Holds 10+ People. This Blind Has a TV That Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Eland Hunting Information:
- Many South African farmers have switched from raising cattle to Eland because they are better suited to the African climate.
- Many Elands have been successfully domesticated and are raised for both meat and milking.
- Elands are able to jump over fences up to 9.8 feet high!
- On a hot day, they can conserve water by increasing their body temperature up to 13.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Elands are both the largest African bovid, as well as the slowest, with a top speed of 25 miles per hour.
- Elands make a loud clicking sound when they walk. There is much speculation what causes the noise, but it is thought that the sheer weight of these animals forces their hooves to splay apart and click back together as they walk.
Eland Antelope Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Eland hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962