Horn Size: 40-50 inches
Weight: 201-460 pounds
Season: Year Round
Estimated World Population: 6,000+
Ox Ranch Population: 400
These beautiful antelopes may be extinct in the wild, but they are thriving here at Ox Ranch! Scimitar-Horned Oryx were nearly hunted to extinction for their delicious meat, robust hide, and incredible horns.
Ox Ranch has the largest herds of Scimitar Oryx in the world! It is common to see herds larger than 100 antelopes gather. Our Scimitar-Horned Oryx hunts are fair chase on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country! You may hunt our trophy Scimitar-Horned Oryx using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind.
Scimitar Horned Oryx Hunting Package: $4,500
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of Your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway (contact us for charter services)
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 a day)
All-Inclusive Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunting Package: $5,500
Our All-Inclusive Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunting Package Includes All of the Above as Well as the Following…
*3 days / 2 nights of hunting and activities
*Award Winning Chef who Prepares Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 per person a day)
*Free Night Vision Hog Hunting. We Will Drive You Around the Ranch Hunting Without the Use of Any Lights! Or You Can Hog Hunt From Our Hunting Blind That Holds 10+ People. This Blind Has a TV That Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunting Information:
- An oryx with a broken horn is believed to have been the original unicorn!
- Ancient Egyptians are believed to have domesticated these exotics using them for food and sacrifices to the gods.
- Wealthy citizens of ancient Rome are also believed to have raised Scimitars.
- Their meat is arguably the best game meat that there is – delicious!
- Scimitar-Horned Oryxs are traditionally great plains animals; however, they have adapted to go everywhere at Ox Ranch, including our highest mountains!
Scimitar Oryx Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Scimitar Oryx hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962