Horn Size: Up to 8 feet
Weight: 900-1,600 pounds
Season: Year Round
Estimated World Population: 5,000+
These African natives are huge; but the fact is, their horns are truly larger than life! Their horns never stop growing and can measure over 12 feet long! Watusis are referred to as the “cattle of kings” and “Royal Ox.” If you are looking for the ultimate trophy and conversation piece, look no further!
There are numerous Watusis found at Ox Ranch, and boy are they hard to miss! We offer the following hunting methods: Safari Style, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, or From a Blind. Our Watusis are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Watusi Cattle Hunting Package: $6,000-$20,000
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of Your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway (contact us for charter services)
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 a day)
All-Inclusive Watusi Cattle Hunting Package: $7,000-$21,000
Our All-Inclusive Watusi Cattle Hunting Package Includes All of the Above as Well as the Following…
*3 days / 2 nights of hunting and activities
*Award Winning Chef who Prepares Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
*Additional Non-Hunting Guests ($150 per person a day)
*Free Night Vision Hog Hunting. We Will Drive You Around the Ranch Hunting Without the Use of Any Lights! Or You Can Hog Hunt From Our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind Has a TV That Receives Live Game Camera Footage, DirectTV, Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Watusi Cattle Hunting Information:
- They got their name from the Tutsi tribes of Rwanda and Burundi. These tribes would mix the blood and milk of the Watusi to form high-protein shakes.
- Their horns are used as giant radiators to keep cool; in place of antifreeze, they have a network of honeycombed blood vessels.
- The population of Watusis has decreased in Africa because of civil war, government-supported crossbreeding schemes, and economic upheaval.
- These Ankole-Watusis are really cool because they are able to adapt to harsh environments, have a high butterfat milk, lean beef, and maternal abilities that trump those of other domesticated bovine.
- This breed has been promoted since 1983 by the Ankole-Watusi International Registry.
Watusi Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Watusi Cattle hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962