Origin: North America
Season: Nov. 2 – Dec. 8
and Dec. 20 – Jan. 26
Ox Ranch has over 50 acres of lakes and 7 miles of spring-fed creeks. You can expect to shoot Blue-winged Teal, Cinnamon Teal, Green-winged Teal, Gadwalls, American Wigeon, Mallards, Wood Ducks, Ring Necks, Red Heads, Hooded Mergansers, Canvasbacks, Lesser and Greater Scaup, Northern Shovelers, Northern Pintails, Buffleheads, and Common Goldeneyes.
We include Duck Hunting FREE of charge with all hunting packages (during season of course)!
Interesting Duck Hunting Information:
- Ducks are found on every continent throughout the world except Antarctica! Too frigid! Brrrr!
- Waterproof feathers are found on every duck. The waterproofing is due to the intricate feather structure and a waxy coating that is found on their feathers. Even when ducks dive under the water, their feathers keep them completely dry!
- Within a few hours of hatching, duckings are able to walk and leave the nest.
- Following the breeding season, male ducks, or drakes, wear an eclipse plumage that is similar to the females for approximately one month while their new feathers grow in. Over the course of this month, the drakes are unable to fly and therefore, are vulnerable to predators.
- During the breeding season, most duck species are monogamous; but the following breeding season, they tend to find new mates.
Duck Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Duck Hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962