Hog Hunting Season: Hogs are an invasive species to Texas that can be hunted year round!
Tusk Size: 2-5 inches
Weight: 40-400 pounds
Estimated World Population: 4-8 million
Ox Ranch Population: 1,000+
Feral hogs are a plague on Texas, and we need your help to eradicate them! They cause over $1.5 billion a year in damages, kill people, and breed like cockroaches! Feral hogs are as tough as they are intelligent and can be extremely challenging to kill.
Texas is at war with these wild pigs; and if left unchecked, they could destroy America! You may hunt our feral hogs using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our pigs are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
All-Inclusive Hog Hunting rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $2,500
Weekend Hunting Package $3,000
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $400/night
Our All-Inclusive Hog Hunting Package Includes the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging
*Additional Nights $750/Night without Hog Hunting and $1,000 with Hog Hunting
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Free Night Vision Hunting. We Will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Hog Hunting Information:
- Feral pigs breed 1 1/2 times a year with 5-6 babies on average.
- A single breeding pair of pigs could multiply into more than 20 million hogs in ten years’ time! This could turn into over 100 TRILLION pigs in 10 years’ time causing the end of the world as we know it!
- They eat 3-5 percent of their body weight per day!
- Ox Ranch has a pet pig named Bacon and a timber wolf named Shadow; believe it or not, the two of them were raised together and are best friends!
- Although feral hogs might look like little chubby animals, these beasts are solid muscle and can charge up to 30 miles per hour!
- Wild pigs have very poor vision; however, their sense of smell more than makes up for it.
- They are creatures of habit and tend to follow similar trails unless disturbed by humans. Their “home base,” however, is quite large at around 1,000 acres.
- Feral hogs have been called “environmental vacuums” due to how destructive they are. They have an extremely negative impact on tree life because their diet disrupts the rooting and hard mast that trees need to thrive.
- Around 750,000 feral hogs are killed each year in an attempt to control their population.
- In medieval times, the wild boar was considered the most prestigious bounty because of how dangerous they were to hunt.
Hog Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Hog hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962