Buffalo Hunting Season: Buffalo can be hunted year round in Texas, however they have their best coat during the winter months.
Origin: North America
Horn Size: 17-22 inches
Weight: 1,200-2,100 pounds
Estimated World Population: 500,000
Ox Ranch Population: 20 including white buffalo
The American Bison, also known as the American Buffalo, is the largest land mammal in both North and South America! Hunting the American Bison at Ox Ranch will take you back to a more exciting time when the buffalo roamed the Great Plains!
You may hunt our trophy Buffaloes using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. All of our Buffalo are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill country!
Buffalo Hunting Trophy Fee: $7,500
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Buffalo Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $300/night
Our All-Inclusive Buffalo Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Buffalo Hunting Information
- Though buffaloes may seem slow and harmless due to their lethargic movements, don’t let that fool you. They are capable of running over 40 miles per hour and are known to charge if provoked!
- American Bison can be extremely dangerous and have injured three times more people than bears have at Yellowstone National Park!
- In 1840, there were over 60 million buffaloes that roamed the Great Plains.
- Food for thought: Bison meat is lower in fat and cholesterol and higher in protein than beef and is delicious!
- Buffaloes can grow to over 3,800 pounds.
- They have been known to jump as high as 6 feet in the air!
American Buffalo Hunting
We recommend making Buffalo Hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962