Painted Desert Sheep Hunting Season: Painted Desert Sheep can be hunted year round without any seasonal restrictions.
Origin: North America
Horn Size: 28-38 inches
Weight: 80-160 pounds
Estimated World Population: 2.5 million+
Ox Ranch Population: 200
The Painted Desert Sheep is a cross between Mouflon, Merino, Rambouillet, and Texas Blackbelly sheep. The end result is a beautiful multi-colored Corsican sheep that was bred specifically for hunting purposes! Ox Ranch offers all varieties of Corsican sheep, including Black Hawaiian, Texas Dall, American Blackbelly, Desert Sand, and Corsican Barbado rams. Ox Ranch is fortunate to have some of the largest Corsican herds in the country and is frequently harvesting record-breaking rams!
You may hunt our trophy Painted Desert sheep using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our Painted Desert sheep are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Painted Desert Sheep Hunting Trophy Fee:
$3,500 (up to 38 inches)
$4,500 (over 38 inches)
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Painted Desert Sheep Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $400/night
Our All-Inclusive Painted Desert Sheep Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days and 2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $625 weekday / $750 weekend)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Painted Desert Sheep Hunting Information:
- Corsicans are crosses from decades of mixing the shedding European Mouflon sheep with most wool sheep, including Churro, Jacob, Merino, Horned Rambouillet, etc.
- Painted Desert Sheep have multiple colors and patterns.
- In 1997, a Painted Desert registry was started in Texas.
- In 2009, the United Horned Hair Sheep Association, Inc. was established to promote all Corsican sheep, including the Painted Desert sheep.
- In order to register a Painted Desert sheep, they must two separately distinguishable colors.
- Texas Painted Desert sheep were first created for hunting; but now that they have gone mainstream, they are being marketed for meat, show, and pasture clearing.
Painted Desert Sheep Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Painted Desert Sheep reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962