Emu Hunting Season: Emu may be hunted year round here at Ox Ranch.
Height: Up to 6.2 feet
Weight: 40-132 pounds
Estimated World Population: 700,000
Emus are the second largest bird in the world and the largest native to Australia! This is not your typical exotic to hunt; nonetheless, we offer them. Emus are a very inquisitive species and will often investigate loud noises, such as gunshots. Emus are usually very friendly, but don’t let this fool you! Emus have talons that are capable of splitting a man in two with one kick!
You may hunt our Emu birds using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our Emu hunts are fair chase over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Emu Hunting Trophy Fee: $1,000
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Emu Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $300/night
Our All-Inclusive Emu Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
Interesting Emu Hunting Information:
- Emus ingest stones, bits of metal, and even glass shards to grind the food in their digestive system.
- An Emu’s call sounds exactly like a drum. This drum noise can sometimes be heard up to a mile away!
- Emus are able to swim.
- They have two eyelids, one for blinking and another to block dust and sand.
- Emus become full grown within 12-14 months of being born.
- Males build the nest, sit on the eggs, and even rotate the eggs 10 times a day.
- Emus have very good hearing and eyesight allowing them to spot and sprint away from predators relatively easily.
- Emus will re-eat undigested seeds out of their own fecal matter.
Emu Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Emu hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962