Eland Hunting Season: Eland can be hunted year round in Texas, bag your trophy bull any time of the year!
Horn Size: 26-36 inches
Weight: 1,300-2,100 pounds
Estimated World Population: 136,000
Ox Ranch Population: 30+
The Eland antelope, also known as the Southern Eland or Common Eland, is the second largest antelope in the world! They typically weigh from 1,300-2,000 pounds and are delicious! If you want to harvest a beautiful antelope for meat, as well as for an exceptional trophy, look no further.
You may hunt our Eland bulls using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. All of our Eland hunts are fair chase on over 18,000 acres of Texas hill country!
Eland Hunting Trophy Fee: $11,000
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Eland Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $400/night
Our All-Inclusive Eland Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days and 2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $625 weekday / $750 weekend)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Eland Hunting Information:
- Many South African farmers have switched from raising cattle to Eland because they are better suited to the African climate.
- Many Elands have been successfully domesticated and are raised for both meat and milking.
- Elands are able to jump over fences up to 9.8 feet high!
- On a hot day, they can conserve water by increasing their body temperature up to 13.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Elands are both the largest African bovid, as well as the slowest, with a top speed of 25 miles per hour.
- Elands make a loud clicking sound when they walk. There is much speculation what causes the noise, but it is thought that the sheer weight of these animals forces their hooves to splay apart and click back together as they walk.
Eland Antelope Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Eland hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962