Waterbuck Hunting Season: Waterbuck may be hunted year round at the Ox Ranch!
Horn Size: 24-39 inches
Weight: 300-600 pounds
Estimated World Population: 200,000
Ox Ranch Population: 15
Waterbucks are among the largest antelopes in the world and are the largest out of six species of Kobus. Their meat may not be the most desirable, but their horns and beautiful coat more than make up for it! This breathtaking exotic will be a wonderful addition to any trophy room!
You may hunt our trophy Waterbuck using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol hunting, Safari style, or from a Blind. All of our Waterbuck are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Waterbuck Hunting Trophy Fee: $6,500
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Waterbuck Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $200/night
Our All-Inclusive Waterbuck Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Waterbuck Hunting Information:
- Their sweat glands release a musky oil substance that waterproofs their coats.
- This musky substance even permeates into their meat; many predators won’t eat them!
- They are one of the only antelopes that do not mark their territory with dung and urine. The pungent smell that their sweat glands release is more than sufficient!
- Waterbucks are prone to heat dehydration and must live near water.
- Contrary to what their name suggests, they are not very aquatic. Waterbucks are more often found near water than in it.
Waterbuck Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Waterbuck hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962