Red Stag Hunting Season: There aren’t any seasonal restrictions, however they typically have hard antlers during Sept-Feb.
Antler Size: 32-45 inches
Weight: 750-1,000 pounds
Estimated World Population: 100,000+
Red Stags are the fourth largest deer species and are capable of growing antlers with over 66 points! Our trophy stags will have your heart racing and your hands trembling! There is no better experience than going on a stag hunt at Ox Ranch.
You may hunt our trophy Red Stag using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our Red stag are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Red Stag Hunting Trophy Fee:
$8,750 (280-360 SCI score)
$12,500 (361-399 SCI score)
$17,500 (400-440 SCI score)
$22,500 (441-460 SCI score)
$25,000 (461-499 SCI score)
$35,000 (500+ SCI score)
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Red Stag Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $300/night
Our All-Inclusive Red Stag Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Red Stag Hunting Information:
- Larger stag antlers tend to form a “cup” or “crown” at the 4th or 5th tines.
- Most venison served in restaurants is red stag meat.
- They have a pair of ivory teeth just like elk.
- They can gain as much as 500 percent of their weight in summer months.
- Red stags are able to interbreed with both elk and sika deer.
- Their antlers are made of bone that can grow one inch a day!
- Their antlers are testosterone-driven, meaning that when the stag’s testosterone levels fall, their velvet comes off and their antlers stop growing.
- Red Stags are also known as “Red Deer.”
Red Stag Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Red Stag hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962