Markhor Hunting Season: Markhor are great to hunt year round in Texas, but will have their longest coats during the winter months.
Horn Size: 40-49 inches
Weight: 100-243 pounds
Estimated World Population: 5,000
Ox Ranch Population: 36
Markhor goats are the largest of the goat species and arguably the most impressive. These endangered goats are capable of climbing large trees as well as sling-shotting themselves over 9-feet-tall fences!
You may hunt our extremely rare Markhor goats using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind.
Markhor Hunting Trophy Fee: $450 per inch
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Markhor Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $200/night
Our All-Inclusive Markhor Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Markhor Hunting Information:
- The markhor goat is the national animal of Pakistan.
- Their name, in Persian, translates to “snake eater” and was given to them for their reported ability to kill and eat snakes.
- Locals believe their slobber has healing properties that will remove venom from snake bite wounds.
- The babies of goats are referred to as “kids” just like deer babies are called “fawns”.
- Charles Darwin hypothesized that modern goats came from the crossbreeding of markhor goats with wild goats.
Markhor Goat Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Markhor hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962 or email us at: email@example.com.Contact Us