Javelina Hunting Season: Our Javelina hunting season is from Sep 1 – Aug 31. Unfortunately, encountering a Javelina at Ox Ranch is very rare. If you’re lucky enough to come across one, you may hunt it free of charge with the purchase of another trophy.
Origin: South America
Weight: 40-60 pounds
Tusk Size: 1.5 inches
Estimated World Population: 250,000+
The Javelina, also known as the Collared Peccary or Skunk Pig, is classified as a game animal in the state of Texas. They may look very similar to feral pigs; however, they are not pigs at all! Javelinas belong to their own family called Tayassuidae, which translates to “New World Pigs.”
You may hunt our Javelinas using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our Javelina hunts are fair chase on over 18,000 acres of Texas hill country!
Javelina Hunting is FREE with the purchase of any hunting package during season!
Interesting Javelina Hunting Information:
- As social animals, the Javelina usually form herds that can contain over 100 animals!
- Javelinas’ main source of food is prickly pear cacti.
- Over 25,000 Javelinas are harvested every year in America.
- Javalina territories can range from 75 to 700 acres.
- Javelinas have scent glands located under their eyes and on their backs. These scent glands are used to mark fellow members as well as territories. The smell left behind is so pungent that Javelinas have been nicknamed “Skunk Pigs.”
Javelina Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Javelina Hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962