Kangaroo Hunting Season: Kangaroos can be hunted legally year round in Texas, believe it or not it’s illegal to recreationally hunt Kangaroos in Australia!
Height: 5-6.9 feet
Weight: Up to 200 pounds
Estimated World Population: 60 million
Kangaroos are one of the most unique species found at Ox Ranch. We offer Red Kangaroos, which are the largest of the marsupial family, capable of growing over 6 feet tall! These marsupials, while commonly harvested in Australia, are a rare treat in America.
You may hunt our Red Kangaroos using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind. Our Kangaroos are free ranging and can be observed hopping around on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country!
Kangaroo Hunting Trophy Fee: $5,000
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Kangaroo Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,250
Weekend Hunting Package $1,500
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $300/night
Our All-Inclusive Kangaroo Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Kangaroo Hunting Information:
- We’ve had hunters fly all the way from Australia to hunt kangaroo at Ox Ranch, due to it being illegal to recreationally hunt them in Australia!
- Female kangaroos have three vaginas!
- Most kangaroos are left-handed but not all.
- Kangaroo meat is delicious! The best way to describe it is a cross between buffalo meat and venison. It is leaner than buffalo but not as dry as venison.
- When on land, kangaroos use their hind legs at the same time to hop around; but when swimming, they kick their legs independently of each other.
- They are capable of hopping over 25 miles per hour! Their speed and stamina frustrate our pet wolf to no end!
- A herd of kangaroos is called a mob.
- The winner of a kangaroo fight is usually the one boxing more than kicking.
- Female kangaroos are always pregnant (except on the day they give birth) and will freeze an embryo if their current joey hasn’t left the pouch.
- Female kangaroos can tell what the sex their offspring is.
- In Australia, kangaroos outnumber humans 2 to 1!
- Joeys have been known to jump head-first into their mother’s pouch.
Kangaroo Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Kangaroo hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please call: (830) 275-4962