Zebu Hunting Season: Zebu are an excellent exotic species to hunt year round.
Origin: South Asia
Horn Size: 13-18 inches
Weight: 300-500 pounds
Estimated World Population: 4,000,000+
Zebus are one of the smaller species in the bovid family and by no means your typical trophy animal. If you are an avid hunter looking for something out of the ordinary, you may want to consider a Zebu! Their large hump creates a very interesting shoulder mount that would look great in any trophy collection!
Ox Ranch offers you a multitude of choices in relation to how you can hunt our Zebu! You get your choice from the following methods: Bow Hunting, Spot and Stalk, Safari Style, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, or From a Blind! All of our Zebus are free ranging on over 18,000 acres of Texas Hill Country.
Zebu Hunting Trophy Fee: $4,000
*Field Dressing Included
*100% Opportunity Guarantee
*Transportation of your Animal to Meat Processor / Taxidermist
*Firearm and Ammunition Provided, if Needed
*Access to the Ranch’s 5,800-foot Paved and Lighted Runway
Zebu Hunting All-Inclusive rates:
Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $300/night
Our All-Inclusive Zebu Hunting Package Includes all of the Above as well as the Following…
*3 days/2 Nights of Lodging (additional nights $500/night)
*Meals Included and Prepared by an Award-Winning Chef
*Experienced Hunting Guide
*Trophy Bass Fishing, Cave Exploring, and Numerous other Free Activities
*Night Vision Hog Hunting up to two hours per night. We will Drive you Around the Ranch Hunting Without the use of any Lights! Or you can Hog Hunt from our Hunting Blind that Holds 10+ People. This Blind has a TV that Receives Live Game Camera Footage, a Poker Table, Air Conditioning, and a Fully Stocked Bar.
Interesting Zebu Hunting Information:
- The term “Zebu” is taken from the Tibetan word “ceba,” meaning “hump.” Similar to the humps found on camels, the Zebu has a hump that stores fat. Zebus can survive off of this fat during extended food shortages.
- The Zebu is seen as a sacred animal in India and is considered to represent the bull of Shiva.
- These bovids live from 12 to 16 years of age.
- Zebus are the only species of cattle that are able to adapt to life in the hot tropics with ease, making it an animal that is perfectly suited for Ox Ranch!
- There are over 74 breeds of Zebus that are split evenly between Africa and South Asia.
- They are one of the smallest species of cattle found on planet Earth!
Zebu Hunting Reservations
We recommend making Zebu hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.
Please Call: (830) 275-4962